Face masks are quite handy when stepping out especially for people with allergies. They help to keep the dust and germs away. However, you don’t need to stock up a large number of masks as you can make them in the comfort of your home. In this article, we will be listing out some creative ways by which you can make your own face masks without using a sewing machine.
Using Bandana and Hair Ties
This is a very easy method, which involves a large napkin or handkerchief and some hair ties. Moreover, you can use rubber bands instead of hair ties.
- Firstly, keep the fabric flat on a table.
- Now fold the upper and lower portions inwards. Then fold it again.
- Now create 2 loops with the help of the hair ties and slip them through the ends.
- Fold the ends in a way that they overlap. This will help you to tuck one end to the other.
- Now wear the mask on the face.
Using a woven shirt
A sleeve cut from a fairly large shirt can also be used in the manufacture of masks.
- Cut a section from the sleeve around the measurements of 8” x 9”. This is the ideal size for a face mask.
- Fold the edges towards the center by ¾ of an inch and use an iron. You can also make use of fabric glue to secure the folds as well.
- Use some fabric strips or straps to tie the mask. You can place them through the openings in the cut.
Using Safety Pins
This is possibly the easiest method out there
- Take a piece of fabric and cut it like a mask.
- Now, use 4 safety pins to attach the fabric strips to the corners of the mask.
This is probably the most comfortable mask to wear for long periods of time.
We hope this article would have provided you with some ideas on how to make face masks at home. Mask-making can save you money and is a creative way to make use of your time. So follow the above methods and make great masks without using a sewing machine.