Usha is one of the oldest and most reliable brands in India. It was incepted in the year 1934 and it had a very small start. Since then, the brand expanded and today Usha is known to be one of the most popular household names in India. It manufactures home appliances, fans, coolers, farm equipment, and even a sewing machine.
Traditionally, Usha manufactured manual sewing machine but it later collaborated with Janomhich is a Japanese company. Janome is particularly known for manufacturing sewing machine as well. Don’t forget to check our article on which sewing machine is best usha or singer.
Table of Contents
- Best Usha Sewing Machines
- Best Usha Sewing Machines in India
- 1. Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- 2. Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- 3. Usha Janome Allure Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- 4. Usha Hand Operated Sewing Machine(NOVA Model)
- 5. Usha Janome Automatic Stitch Magic Sewing Machine
- Buy From Amazon
- Sewing Machine Buying Guide
- Types of Sewing Machines
Best Usha Sewing Machines
Best Usha Sewing Machines in India
Here are 5 best Usha Sewing Machines in India. The list contains automatic as well as manual sewing machines for your reference. You will notice that most of the models in the list are automatic because of the higher flexibility that they provide to the use.
1. Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
The machine also gets 4 step buttonholing and it is such a versatile machine that it lets you use the machine in 14 different applications. This includes lace fixing, smocking, quilting, zip fixing and rolled hemming as well.
There are several other features that include auto tripping bobbin system, automatic needle threading, drop feed for embroidery, and sewing light. The maximum speed of the machine is 550 stitches per minute and you can also the stitch length very easily. In the package, you get bobbins, threader, stitching needle, ripper, and few other accessories
2. Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
Apart from the details mentioned above, the machine also has a drop feed for embroidery, auto tripping bobbin system, triple strength stitch, and a dial-type stitch selector. The machine has a speed of 860 stitches per minute. In addition to this, the machine has 13 different stitch mode which enables you to select a different type of stitch.
You can also select different types of stitch length which can be selected as well. You also get 21 different essential stitching function in this machine which includes blind stitch hemming, zip fixing, rolled hemming, smocking, button fixing, and stretch stitching.
There is also a chamber inside the stitching machine which lets you store all types of accessories. There is ample of space in that area.
3. Usha Janome Allure Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
Just like other products, this is also a zig-zag stitch machine which also comes with two dial selectors. One of the dials can help you in selecting the stitch type while others help you in selecting the stitch length. In terms of the types of stitches, this machine gives you the flexibility to select between 7 types of stitches.
This helps you in getting the added functionality to use this for button fixing, stretch stitching, rolled hemming, zip fixing, satin stitching, and smocking. You also get an auto tripping bobbin system along with a sewing light and 4 step buttonhole sewing system.
Just like other models, you get 2 years of warranty on the product it provides you with a real value of money because of the features you get. Practically, you can stitch any material with the help of this machine, and to add on to the advantages, the machine has a very unique and advanced technology.
The maximum speed of stitching for this machine is 550 stitches per minute. Overall, it is a good product for you to choose from.
4. Usha Hand Operated Sewing Machine(NOVA Model)
This machine comes with a based top cover. Apart from this, you also get a handle attachment for operating it with hand. You can easily attach this to a desk and foot pedals as well. It is also having a traditional screw-type presser to make an adjustment. In the plastic base, there is also a chamber that you can use to store the accessories and other things.
5. Usha Janome Automatic Stitch Magic Sewing Machine
This model from Usha is also very lightweight so it is easy to carry the machine. Apart from this, you can also use the buttonhole stitch which is another good advantage of this machine. You can use it for 9 different applications and this includes button fixing, rolled hemming, stretch stitching, satin stitching, smocking, and zip fixing.
Overall, the machine gives you a lot of utility and the company gives you a warranty of 2 years on this product. Another point that you would like to know is that the machine can make straight or zig-zag stitches and you also get an automatic thread cutter, triple strength stitch strength as well.
The built quality is good, you get the aluminum die-cast body which is certainly better than the plastic ones. The foot pedal is also good and it can be used to easily control the stitch speed.
Sewing Machine Buying Guide
Before buying a sewing machine, check through the buying guide so that you can pick the best one in the market. Check through these tips so that you can buy according to your requirements.
- Stitches: you should first check how many stitches the device offers. Generally, straight and zigzag stitches are what domestic users use the most. But if you know and have to use embroidery, get a machine that can offer that. So check how many types of stitches the machine you buy can offer. But look for stitches that you use and require. Don’t invest in machines offering fancy stitches that you don’t use.
Some of the stitches available on stitching machines for domestic use are the following:
- Straight stitch
- Zigzag stitch
- Buttonhole stitch
- Stretch stitch
- Blind hemstitch
New features: with the increasing technological advancements, stitching machines also have new features. Some include:
- Needle Threader
- Needle up/down
- Speed control
- Needle position adjustment
- Automatic thread cutter
- Knee lifter
- Free arm
These are some of the new features that were added. Indulge buying a machine with these after you consider your budget and how much you require them.
Types of Sewing Machines
There are many variants of sewing machines available in the market. But broadly depending on the functionality and features, these are some of the types of sewing machine available:
- Domestic Sewing Machine: Also called the manual sewing machine, this is the basic form of stitching machines with minimum features and stitch patterns. As the name suggests, it has manual settings and is hand-operated. They do not offer many varieties of stitches but are best for straight stitches. Professional tailors use the motorized version of a domestic sewing machine. They are the best sewing machines in India under rupees 5000.
- Electronic Sewing machine: These are the advanced models of the domestic sewing machines. These are light and compactly built. They have some additional features like inbuilt lighting to enhance visibility, multiple stitch patterns, automatic threading facility, inbuilt thread cutter, etc.
- Computerized Sewing Machines: These are for industrial purposes. Since these are computer operated, they have high speed and advanced features. They come with over 200 varieties of stitches. They do not require manual interference. Garments industries use such to maximum outputs. They are expensive to buy.
- Embroidery Sewing Machines: These have nowadays gained popularity since users can make exotic embroidery designs on cloth with this. Operating this machine requires the knowledge of specific skills like embroidery. They are not suitable for regular stitching.
The Final Verdict
These are the best sewing machines available from Usha in India. All the electric sewing machines are co-branded with Janome since these two companies collaborated together to bring the electric sewing machine to you. You can now look at the deals available on your favorite machine and you can order as per your likings and budget.