Usha is one of the oldest and most reliable brands in India. It was incepted in the year 1934 and it had a very small start. Since then, the brand expanded and today Usha is known to be one of the most popular household names in India. It manufactures home appliances, fans, coolers, farm equipment, and even a sewing machine. Traditionally, Usha manufactured manual sewing machine but it later collaborated with Janomhich is a Japanese company. Janome is particularly known for manufacturing sewing machine as well.
With the help of Janome, Usha bought electrical sewing machines for its customers in India. They became an instant hit among various households because these electric sewing machines are quick and they are also very compact. If you are planning to buy a sewing machine online and if you love Usha then you must check out some of the best available models of a sewing machine from Usha.
Table of Contents
- Best Usha Sewing Machines in India
- 1. Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- 2. Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- 3. Usha Janome Allure Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- 4. Usha Bandhan Straight Stitch Composite Sewing Machine
- 5. Usha Janome Automatic Stitch Magic Sewing Machine
- Buy From Amazon
- Sewing Machine Buying Guide
- Types of Sewing Machines
Best Usha Sewing Machines in India
Here are 5 best Usha Sewing Machines in India. The list contains automatic as well as manual sewing machines for your reference. You will notice that most of the models in the list are automatic because of the higher flexibility that they provide to the use.
1. Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
This is the first automatic sewing machine on our list and it is the best-selling sewing machine from Usha. This machine comes with a free arm and it gives you a lot of flexibility in terms of selecting the stitch pattern. You get 7 different types of stitch patter in this machine which can easily be selected with help of the dial knob located on the machine. The machine also gets 4 step button holing and it is such a versatile machine that it lets you use the machine in 14 different applications. This includes lace fixing, smocking, quilting, zip fixing and rolled hemming as well.
There are several other features which include auto tripping bobbin system, automatic needle threading, drop feed for embroidery and sewing light. The maximum speed of the machine is 550 stitches per minute and you can also the stitch length very easily.In the package, you get bobbins, threader, stitching needle, ripper and few other accessories
- Comes loaded with a different type of features like auto threading, focus light, auto tripping bobbin system. All these features make it easy to use the machine
- Supports 7 different types of stitch along with 4 button holing.
- The system supports thread tension control and it makes mending the fabric really efficient.
Things We Like
- Two years warranty that is offered on the product.
- Loaded with features and can be really handy while using at home or while using in professional workshops.
- Also has one-touch reverse stitch option.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Doesn’t comes with 2 needle compatibility.
2. Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
This is the second automatic model on our list. This sewing machine is also an automatic machine. It is one of the best and the most advanced model from Usha. If you are looking for something that provides you with the maximum amount of flexibility then this is going to be the perfect machine for you. Getting into more details, the automatic machines have capabilities for zig-zag stitching and it is also capable of circular stitching. All this is made possible with the help of a high quality in-built motor. The machine also supports features like a light and a needle threader.
Apart from the details mentioned above, the machine also has drop feed for embroidery, auto tripping bobbin system, triple strength stitch, and a dial-type stitch selector. The machine has a speed of 860 stitches per minute. In addition to this, the machine has 13 different stitch mode which enables you to select a different type of stitch. You can also select different types of stitch length which can be selected as well. You also get 21 different essential stitching function in this machine which includes blind stitch hemming, zip fixing, rolled hemming, smocking, button fixing, and stretch stitching.
There is also a chamber inside the stitching machine which lets you store all types of accessories. There is ample of space in that area.
- Has a high stitching speed of 860 stitches per minute.
- Comes with 13 different types of stitch selection and different stitch length. This also has a built-in needle threader and an embroidery switch.
- Comes with a thread cutter and is equipped with twin needle compatibility
Things We Like
- Comes with 2 years warranty
- One of the best model from Usha with the maximum number of features for the user.
- Highly versatile and easy to use as well.
- You get multiple accessories and DVD for Demo while using this machine.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Slightly expensive model but is certainly value for money.
3. Usha Janome Allure Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
This is yet another automatic electric sewing machine on our list. To give you an idea, this model stands somewhere between the Usha Janome Dream Stitch and Usha Janome Wonder Stitch. This model is known as Usha Janome Allure. It can be used at home or it can be used in a professional workshop. The machine guarantees you with a lot of reliability while you are using the machine. In addition to this, you can select a combo where you also get a dry iron from Usha. Let us now jump to the features of this sewing machine.
Just like other products, this is also a zig-zag stitch machine which also comes with two dial selector. One of the dials can help you in selecting the stitch type while others help you in selecting the stitch length. In terms of the types of stitches, this machine gives you the flexibility to select between 7 types of stitches. This helps you in getting the added functionality to use this for button fixing, stretch stitching, rolled hemming, zip fixing, satin stitching, and smocking. You also get auto tripping bobbin system along with sewing light and 4 step button hole sewing system.
Just like other models, you get 2 years of warranty on the product it provides you with a real value of money because of the features you get. Practically, you can stitch any material with the help of this machine and to add on to the advantages, the machine has a very unique and advanced technology. The maximum speed of stitching for this machine is 550 stitches per minute. Overall, it is a good product for you to choose from.
- The machine has 7 different stitch type and can be used for 21 applications.
- Has a good speed of 550 stitches per minute
- Comes with stitch type selector and stitch pattern selector.
Things We Like
- Compatible for dual needle usage which increases the efficiency and accuracy.
- Has 2 years warranty and provides a lot of versatility to the user.
- Comes with all required features.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Lack of built-in threader and embroidery switch.
4. Usha Bandhan Straight Stitch Composite Sewing Machine
We have seen enough of automatic machines from Usha. Let us look at this traditional manual sewing machine which had always been close to the heart of people in India. The first and the greatest advantage of this machine is that it is very affordable. Getting into more details, let us tell you that this machine comes with 1 year warranty and just like any other manual machine, it is a straight stitch machine. There is a guarantee of quality as well because this particular model is ISI marked. Apart from all the regular models, you also get lever type stitch regulator and the function of auto tripping bobbins winder.
This machine comes with a based top cover. Apart from this, you also get a handle attachment for operating it with hand. You can easily attach this to a desk and foot pedals as well. It is also having a traditional screw-type presser to make an adjustment. In the plastic base, there is also a chamber that you can use to store the accessories and other things.
- Can be used with hand and can be used with a foot pedal. You can attach an external motor to this.
- The machine has basic features and it comes with presser adjustment as well.
Things We Like
- A handheld machine which can be used with hand. No need for electricity to use this machine
- Can be used for stitching thick material like denim and leather.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The base is slightly unstable.
5. Usha Janome Automatic Stitch Magic Sewing Machine
On number 5, we have another automatic machine from Usha. This machine is also very versatile and it is a perfect machine for professional usage. This machine has a lot of different programmable settings to add on to the flexibility. Talking about the different types of stitches, the machine can help you in getting 13 different stitches. The machine also has different length adjustments. Both these settings can be made with the help of dial stitching pattern and slider controllers. They are easy to use and adjust.
This model from Usha is also very lightweight so it is easy to carry the machine. Apart from this, you can also use the button hole stitch which is another good advantage of this machine. You can use it for 9 different application and this includes button fixing, rolled hemming, stretch stitching, satin stitching, smocking, and zip fixing. Overall, the machine gives you a lot of utility and the company gives you a warranty of 2 years on this product. Another point that you would like to know is that the machine can make straight or zig-zag stitches and you also get automatic thread cutter, triple strength stitch strength as well. The built quality is good, you get aluminum die cast body which is certainly better than the plastic ones. The foot pedal is also good and it can be used to easily control the stitch speed.
- Multiple stitch modes with stitch length selector
- Comes with 2 year warranty
- Made of aluminum die cast body
Things We Like
- Supports dual needle
- Comes with all types of automatic features that can help you in doing the job quickly
- Has a focus light and also has automatic threader, automatic cutter, and other such features.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Certainly an expensive technology.
Sewing Machine Buying Guide
Before buying a sewing machine, check through the buying guide so that you can pick the best one in the market. Check through these tips so that you can buy according to your requirements.
- Stitches: you should first check how many stitches the device offers. Generally, straight and zigzag stitches are what domestic users use the most. But if you know and have to use embroidery, get a machine that can offer that. So check how many types of stitches the machine you buy can offer. But look for stitches that you use and require. Don’t invest in machines offering fancy stitches that you don’t use.
Some of the stitches available on stitching machines for domestic use are the following:
- Straight stitch
- Zigzag stitch
- Buttonhole stitch
- Stretch stitch
- Blind hemstitch
Additional feature: Stitching machines come with many types of add on features. It depends on your requirement which features you want to have. For example, if you are into quilting, that requires a machine with a walking foot, a ¼” foot, and a spring action foot. So the features you will need depend on what type of work you want to do. Check the accessories that are said to be provided with the machine before you buy one.
New features: with the increasing technological advancements, stitching machines also have new features. Some include:
- Needle Threader
- Needle up/down
- Speed control
- Needle position adjustment
- Automatic thread cutter
- Knee lifter
- Free arm
These are some of the new features that were added. Indulge buying a machine with these after you consider your budget and how much you require them.
- Budget: Although we talk about this, at last, this is a single important factor that can influence your buy. Having an urgent requirement and a small budget? Go for used/second-hand items. Some sellers do sell genuine second-hand machines. This will fit in your budget and also give you an item with the features you require. Also, while buying the first list of your requirements. Many machines offer you features that we rarely use. Investing money on such items is not required. So buy what you need.
Types of Sewing Machines
There are many variants of sewing machines available in the market. But broadly depending on the functionality and features, these are some of the types of sewing machine available:
- Domestic Sewing Machine: Also called the manual sewing machine, this is the basic form of stitching machines with minimum features and stitch patterns. As the name suggests, it has manual settings and is hand-operated. They do not offer many varieties of stitches but are best for straight stitches. Professional tailors use the motorized version of a domestic sewing machine. They are the best sewing machines in India under rupees 5000.
- Electronic Sewing machine: These are the advanced models of the domestic sewing machines. These are light and compactly built. They have some additional features like inbuilt lighting to enhance visibility, multiple stitch patterns, automatic threading facility, inbuilt thread cutter, etc.
- Computerized Sewing Machines: These are for industrial purposes. Since these are computer operated, they have high speed and advanced features. They come with over 200 varieties of stitches. They do not require manual interference. Garments industries use such to maximum outputs. They are expensive to buy.
- Embroidery Sewing Machines: These have nowadays gained popularity since users can make exotic embroidery designs on cloth with this. Operating this machine requires the knowledge of specific skills like embroidery. They are not suitable for regular stitching.
The Final Verdict
These are the best sewing machines available from Usha in India. All the electric sewing machines are co-branded with Janome since these two companies collaborated together to bring the electric sewing machine to you. You can now look at the deals available on your favorite machine and you can order as per your likings and budget.