Sewing machines have become an integral part of every household. In the past few years, a surge in the sale of sewing machines has been noticed. Are you also thinking of getting one to your home? If you are a beginner or a basic user, there are plenty of options available in the market for you. But choosing the best one can be a tough task. This list of 10 sewing machines here is the best option, especially for beginners. You can go through the details of these machines with their pros and cons and decide for yourself.
Table of Contents
- The Best Sewing Machines for Beginners
- 1) HNESS Multi Electric Mini 4 in 1
- 2) Singer Promise 1408 Sewing Machine
- 3) Singer Start 1306 Sewing Machine
- 4) KPCB Tech Mini Sewing Machine with Extension Table
- 5) HI-HOME 4 in 1 Portable Advanced Electric Mini Sewing Machine
- 6) Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- 7) DHRUVESH INDUSTRIES Multi Electric Mini 4 in 1 Desktop Sewing Machine
- 8) HNESS Multipurpose Electric Sewing Machine
- 9) Qualimate 601 Electrical Portable Sewing Machine
- 10) Handheld Portable Electric Sewing Machines for Beginners Embroidery Tool Crafts
- Buying Guide for the Best Sewing Machine for Beginners
The Best Sewing Machines for Beginners
This sewing machine is a best-seller product for basic users. The machine comes with one foot-pedal along with needle-threader and needles. It also consists of four metal bobbins, one power adapter, and a user manual guide. There are built-in thread cutter, lamp, and cuff slot. The machine can easily rewind the bobbins. It is easily portable for its light weight and compact structure.
- Reasonable price
- Compact in size, lightweight, and portable
- It can be operated by both electricity and batteries
- There are in-built features like lamp and thread cutter
- It cannot stitch heavy fabrics like velvet, denim, etc.
This is one of the best sewing machines for beginners from the famous brand Singer. It comes with a variety of convenient accessories that makes this product more useful. This machine has a heavy-duty metal frame to ensure its durability and stability while using. Apart from these, this sewing machine is loaded with other features like the Snap-on presser feet, free arm design, responsive electric pedal, etc.
- It has eight built-in stitches and 24 stitch functions
- Built quality is remarkably good as it comes with a heavy-duty metal frame
- Free arms feature for easy circulation
- Smooth and responsive electric pedal
- The after-sales service is poor especially in small towns
This is another very good option for beginners from Singer. It gives you enough features to explore new things with your creativity. It has got six built-in stitches, including a 4-step buttonhole. The other useful key features are the twin needle capacity, stitch pattern indicator, automatic bobbin winding, etc. All the accessories needed are included with this sewing machine. The company will give you a 2-year warranty on its purchase.
- The set-up process is very easy, and it is very user friendly
- Heavy-duty metal frame
- It has six built-in stitches for stitching with better finishing
- It has the speed of 700spm
- Limited advanced features
This basic sewing machine is most appropriate for small works and minor repairing tasks. It is applicable to a wide range of fabrics. This sewing machine is equipped with the in-built light and thread cutter. It can work on both electric power and battery power. There are foot pedal, built-in thread spool, and winding pole. The best and unique part of this machine is the extension table.
- Built-in lamp and thread-cutter for effortless sewing
- Small, portable and easy to handle
- Has a convenient foot pedal
- The extension table gives a better sewing experience
- This machine does not have any reverse function
This is a sewing machine that is best suitable for hobbyists and beginners. The key features of this mini sewing machine are – automatic bobbin rewinding, foot control pedal, reverse sewing, and built-in LED light. It can also run on both electric and battery. This lightweight machine is easily portable. The extension table makes the sewing experience smoother. And the company offers you a variety of accessories for easier and better sewing.
- In-built light
- Loaded with useful accessories
- Easy to use
- It cannot deal with heavy-weight fabrics
Usha is a well-known and reputed company for its credibility and its after-sales services. This sewing machine has seven built-in stitch options, which include a 4-step buttonhole. It provides a sewing speed of 550spm. The package comes with a 2-year warranty card, eight accessories, and an instruction user manual. It has auto-trip bobbin winder, built-in sewing light for a better view, Snap-on presser foot, built-in motor, accessory storage compartment, one-touch reverse stitch lever, etc.
- Sturdy structure
- 2-years warranty with great after-sales service
- Free-arm facility
- Good quality in affordable price
- There are no such issues with this machine
This is a non-expensive beginners’ sewing machine for home tailoring. The machine comes with a pack of accessories – metal bobbins, needle threader, power adapter, foot pedal, and a needle. It has twin threads and different speed control options. It has in-built sewing light that helps you to work in low light conditions. It also can work in a dual power source.
- 2-speed control
- Built-in threading
- Does not sew on thick fabric
This UK brand product has seven types of different stitch patterns. There is an in-built LED light to work at night. The free-arm design makes it easy to sew in areas like collar and cuffs. Its one of the best features is the dual power mode. It can work in electricity as well as batteries. The protective black plate saves you from any needle injury.
- Seven in-built stitches
- Light-weight, easy to carry compact design
- LED light for sewing
- There is no warranty for this machine
This beginner-level sewing machine has five stitching patterns. You can control your speed with its dual speed function. The LED light makes it convenient to work in dark conditions. You can use your regular thread with its bobbin rewind function. The foot control makes your operation easy and swift. The automatic winding function and reverse function make this sewing machine more helpful. It can run on DC power adapter and AA batteries. Anti-slip bottom pads give you a skip-free sewing experience.
- Five built-in stitches
- Its lightweight makes it convenient
- Dual speed sewing
- Easy to handle
- Makes a little noise
The small sewing machine is useful for beginners and kids. It is easy to use. This tiny machine gives high performance for a long time. The package contains the mini sewing machine, two lower thread core, foot pedal, power supply cord, needle threader, double-needle, single needle, two patterns, a winding rod and a user manual. It runs on electricity.
- Easy to handle and care
- Batteries are not included with the package
Buying Guide for the Best Sewing Machine for Beginners
If you are still wondering which is the most suited sewing machine for you? Then here is a list of the buying guides that can surely assist you with your purchase:
- Stitches Count
You should keep in mind how many preset stitches you are getting. All the sewing machines come with a basic no of stitch patterns. The more presets you get the more time you can save while working.
- Presser Foot Choices
Presser feet can increase the usability of your machine and decrease time at the same time. You should consider sewing machines with several presser feet.
Noise can be annoying for long use. Machines with low noise or no noise are always preferable.
Every machine comes with a number of accessories. With more accessories, your use of the machine becomes more convenient and easier. So carefully notice what all accessories you will be getting with the machine.
- Overall Build Quality
The build quality is very important as it ensures the durability of your machine. Sewing machines with a strong heavy metal structure makes it sturdy. So, if you have kids playing around the house, try look for a one that can provide you a rigid body.
Finally, after reading all the above-mentioned reviews, you should now be able to pick the best deal for you. Always keep your own requirements at the utmost priority while choosing. But also bear in mind, not to burn a hole in your pocket. Sometimes a less-expensive product can perform exactly as you want and sometimes you can end up buying a not-so-satisfactory product with a lot of money. So choose carefully.